American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card and Citibank Premier Miles Credit Card are two of the best travel credit cards in the mid-range segment. Both the cards are reward point based credit cards. Whereas the American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card comes with a membership fee of Rs. 5,000 per annum, you will get Rs. 3,000 per year for Citibank PremierMiles Credit Card.
In this article, we will analyze the reward structure and other benefits and privileges that these two travel credit cards offer, and then provide you with a quick comparison between the two cards to make it easier for you to choose one for your needs. on the basis of.
American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card
The American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card is a mid-range travel credit card by the card issuer. The card offers a decent reward rate (2 Membership Rewards Points per Rs 100) and travel benefits including complimentary domestic airport lounge access, Priority Pass membership and complimentary Taj Stay Vouchers on achieving set spending milestones every year Comes with heaps of . Some of the salient features of the card are as follows-
- 10,000 Membership Rewards as a welcome benefit, subject to a minimum of Rs. subject to the expenditure of 5,000 within 60 days of card issuance.
- Bonus 15,000 Membership Rewards Points of redemption value up to Rs. 7,500 (against Taj Stay Voucher) on spending Rs. 1.9 lakh in a year.
- 10,000 Taj Stay Voucher and 25,000 Membership Rewards Points in addition to redemption value of up to Rs. 12,500 (against the Taj Stay Voucher) on an expenditure of Rs. 4 lakh in a subscription year.
- 8 complimentary domestic airport lounge access every year (maximum 2 per quarter) and complimentary membership of the Priority Pass lounge access program.
- Up to 20% off on food bills at partner restaurants.
The card comes with a joining fee of Rs. 3,500 and annual renewal fee of Rs. 5,000 after the second year. To be eligible for the AmEx Platinum Travel Credit Card, your minimum income is Rs. 6 lakhs per year.
Citibank PremierMiles Credit Card
Like the American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card, the Citibank PayMeerMiles Credit Card is also a mid-range offer in the travel category. The Citibank PremierMiles Credit Card has an AirMiles based reward structure. The card comes with a membership fee of Rs. 3,000 per annum and offers lots of travel benefits like instant reward rate on bank travel expenses Premier Miles Redemption Portal, Complimentary domestic lounge access and air accident insurance. The Citibank PremierMiles credit card is offered in two variants – Visa Signature variant and MasterCard variant. Some of the salient features of the card are as follows-
- Minimum Rs. 10,000 miles as a welcome gift. 1,000 within 60 days from the date of issue of the card.
- Card membership is renewed every year in the form of 3,000 miles annual benefit.
- 4 miles per Rs. 100 spent with the card.
- Quick 10 miles per Rs. 100 spent with the card on the bank’s airline transactions Premier Miles Redemption Portal
- Earned Miles are redeemable on various spending categories including partner airlines and InterMiles (1 mile = 0.5 partner airline’s Airmile/Intermile), travel portals such as Yatra, MakeMyTrip, Goibibo, PremierMiles and Indigo (Rs 1 mile = 0.45), utility. – Vodafone, BookMyShow & Retail Expenses- Fuel Expenses at Shoppersstop, Westside & Dining, Indian Oil outlets (1 mile = 0.30) and Other Categories Expenses (1 mile = 0.20).
- 8 complimentary domestic lounge visits per quarter with Visa Signature variant and 6 complimentary domestic lounge visits per quarter with MasterCard variant.
- Up to 20% off on food bills at select Citibank partner restaurants.
- Personal air accident cover Rs. 1 crore and lost card liability cover costing Rs. 10 lakhs.
For a quick comparison between American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card and Citibank Premier Miles Credit Card, we have summarized the reward rates, charges, eligibility criteria and other benefits of the two cards in a tabular form-
|American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card||Citibank PremierMiles Credit Card|
|Welcome / Renewal Benefits||
Whereas the Citibank PremierMiles Credit Card offers higher reward rates than the American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card and comes with a lower annual fee of Rs. 3,000 (compared to Rs.5,000 for the American Express Platinum Travel Card), you get better premium add-ons for achieving fixed spending milestones with American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card such as complimentary Taj stay vouchers and bonus membership rewards points benefits are available. In addition, the American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card also offers a complimentary membership to the Priority Pass airport lounge access program.
So, if you have to make a decision purely on financial grounds (based on which credit card is more affordable), the Citibank Premier Miles Credit Card is the obvious choice. However, if you want to enjoy a premium travel experience, you should consider the American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card as you can get Taj Stay vouchers up to Rs. 34,000 on an expenditure of Rs. 4 lakh in a membership year (considering redeeming regular as well as Milestone Membership Rewards points against Milestone Vouchers and Taj Stay Vouchers) – reward rate of 8.5%, which makes it a very attractive premium benefit Is.
Another thing to consider is that Citibank PremierMiles Credit Card offers 8 complimentary domestic lounge accesses per quarter with the Visa version (total 32 per year) and 6 complimentary domestic lounge accesses per quarter with the MasterCard version (total 24 per year). does. 8 domestic lounge access per year (maximum 2 per quarter) with the American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card. On the other hand, the AmEx Platinum Travel Credit Card entitles you to a complimentary membership to the Priority Pass lounge access program, which the Citibank PremierMiles credit card does not. So, if you’re a frequent domestic traveller, the Citibank Premier Miles Credit Card makes more sense, and if you fly to international destinations frequently, the American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card should be the card of choice for you.