The cost of education has increased over the years and it has become difficult for the parents to afford the higher education of their child. Therefore, to address this burden, the Government of West Bengal has issued a student credit card in which a student can take a loan of up to ₹10 lakh for his higher education. West Bengal Student Credit Card Scheme is only for the students of West Bengal and they get the loan repayment time in 15 years. You can take this loan for course fee, tuition fee, study material, books, computer or laptop. You need to find out more about this Credit Card.
Features of student credit cards issued in West Bengal
- The maximum limit of this credit card is up to ₹10 lakh.
- The interest rate on this loan will be 4% p.a. on simple interest basis.
- The tenure of this loan is up to 15 years.
- You can take this card to continue higher education.
- Applicants can use the limit for higher studies in India and abroad.
- No guarantor is required for this loan.
- The state will act as a guarantor for this loan.
- This loan will be available for undergraduate, postgraduate, doctoral and non-doctoral studies in India or abroad.
- This loan is also available to students studying in coaching classes for competitive exams.
- The loan is available with any bank, government and non-government organizations, or any corporate organization.
- You can also apply for a student credit card online in the middle of your course.
Eligibility Criteria for this West Bengal Student Credit Card Scheme
- The maximum loan limit is ₹10 lakh.
- The age of the student should not be more than 40 years.
- The minimum period required for a student to reside in West Bengal is 10 years.
- The maximum repayment period for this loan is 15 years.
How to Apply for West Bengal Student Credit Card
- You can apply for this loan from State Cooperative Banks and its affiliated Central Cooperative Banks and District Central Cooperative Banks, Public Sector and Private Sector Banks operating in West Bengal.
- Students can apply online on the web portal and the Department of Higher Education maintains the same.
- The application will be from the respective educational institution in which you have taken admission.
- You have to link your Aadhar card or Class X registration number with the respective portal.
- You will have to make a self-declaration which will be attached with the application form.
- Students applying for this loan need to upload their progress report card.
So, West Bengal Student Credit Card Scheme can help you to get the best higher education. An amount of ₹10 lakh is enough to get admission in the best colleges and bear their fees. The tenure of this loan is also long and you have enough time to repay the loan. On the other hand, the interest rate is charged on the basis of simple interest which is only 4% p.a.